vineri, 5 iunie 2015

”Always Remembered” (”Never Forgotten”, #3) by Kelly Risser - Review

Title: Always Remembered
Author: Kelly Risser
Release Date: 05/19/15
Publisher: Clean Teen Publishing
Edition: Kindle (provided by YA Bound Book Tours as part of the Always Remembered blog tour)


Summary from Goodreads:
One clue… what does it mean?

Ken, the leader of the Blue Men of the Minch, has kidnapped Evan. Before they left, Evan was able to leave a package for Meara—her grandfather's necklace wrapped in a cloth napkin with one word written in blood. Azuria. Unfortunately, Meara doesn't understand it and neither does her dad or Kieran.

When Dad and Aunt Brigid attempt to rescue Evan, Meara and Kieran begin to train the clan on how to fight and defend their home. A war is brewing, and Meara is determined their people must prepare for the battle. The training sessions are long and arduous, but the Selkies work hard to learn.

Meanwhile, Evan wakes and finds himself in Belle Tresor, the home of sirens. He's bound to his blue form, unable to transform to human, and Ken has plans to use Evan's powers to destroy the Selkies. Thankfully, he's not alone. He befriends a siren named Deanna and several Blue Men. Can he trust them to help him escape or do they have ulterior motives?
As both sides prepare for an ultimate confrontation, the stakes are high and friendships are tested. Some will rise to be victorious. Some will be destroyed. But love and loyalty will be always remembered in this exciting conclusion to the Never Forgotten series.

Review

It is always hard for me to write a review because I want to communicate so many things that I don't know where to start, but it is even harder when it comes to the conclusion of a series that I fell in love with. 

Always Remembered is almost as I have imagined it would be after reading Current Impressions. The second book in the Never Forgotten series predicted more or less the energetic action in this volume. Yet, there are new, surprising and mesmerizing elements. To start with, I am very pleased with the plot shifting from one place to another, places which are beautifully described. Belle Tresor (the home of sirens), for instance, is so well depicted that it gives the impression of a veracious community where sirens live their regular lives, enjoying various activities. The image of Ronac (Meara's and her family's home), too, is developed to a greater extent. And then is Azuria, but I don't want to enter into particulars that may give you any spoiler.

Secondly, it is a pleasure to see the evolution of the characters. Meara, the protagonist, does evolve, maybe not as much as I was expecting, still, she is obviously more able, determined and, fortunately, more responsible. I must say, since the first book I have been getting along with her really well and I am certainly going to miss her. In Always Remembered her most powerful traits surround her continuously. The optimism, tenacity and the tenderness she owns are her definitory features and, likewise, the ones that make her truly unforgettable. I also got to know the other characters from different perspectives - Kieran, Evan, Ula, Brigid are just a few noteworthy examples. 

Lastly, I need to express how happy I was about the epilogue. After the venturesome journey, which was full of ups and downs, strong emotions and wonderful landscapes, it came as a calming wave. It took away a bit from my "I-don't-want-to-finish-this" sadness and, one way or another, it opened the way to a new adventure. I do believe the author did a great job with this glimpse into the future of our beloved characters. 

Overall, I am absolutely satisfied with the entire trilogy. I do feel it could have been even better, but, anyway, I strongly recommend Always Remembered as it successfully takes up where Current Impressions left off and makes up the ideal ending of a story that I have read, felt and that I will never forget.

My Rating: 4,5/5 (Goodreads - 5)

About the Author

Becoming a published author is a lifetime dream come true. As a child, I subjected friends and family to my "KellyMark" greeting cards ("When you care enough to make the very best."), poetry, homemade magazines, and short stories. In high school, my short story, "If Only to Escape" was published in the local paper, and I won a writing contest for my children's story, "Televisella." In college, my creative writing tapered off, but I still managed to write the occasional review for The Marquette University Tribune. Once I graduated, I mixed creative writing with business writing, and I've held positions in Advertising, Marketing, and Instructional Design/eLearning Development.

Today, I am busy writing the next book in Meara's story. When I'm not writing, I'm reading, hanging out with my husband and two kids, or playing with our Whoodle puppy.


Author Links:


Giveaway

2 comentarii:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful and thorough reviews. I'm so glad you enjoyed my books and characters! <3 Kelly

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. It was a pleasure to read your books and I'm looking forward to reading your next work. :-)

      Ștergere

Thank you for reading my post and for leaving me your thoughts. Warm hugs!